Volunteers have historically played a significant role in our organization and are an integral part of the SCHC family. Our volunteers deliver meals, accompany clients to their medical appointments, participate in major events and provide administrative support. They also help with research, assist seniors with dementia at our Adult Day Centre. They also tutor in the Home Work clubs.
Read more about our Featured Volunteer and for more information on our Volunteer Information Package click here. View current Volunteer positions click here.
These special individuals and groups bring with them diverse and rich life experiences; they are:
- Seniors eager to impart their expertise and knowledge
- Corporate leaders wanting to give back to the communities in which they operate
- Residents committed to helping their neighbours and improving the health of their community such as with The Scarborough Hospital
- Local groups with a passion for community-building and engagement
- Newcomer professionals and placement students seeking work experience.