Mobility Matters, a Canadian Rehabilitation company, providing Fall Prevention exercises
to SCHC's Adult Day Program clients.
- More than one-‐third of Canada’s elderly population (ages 65 years and older) fall each year.
- Nearly half of all injuries among seniors take place at home.
- It’s estimated that 50 % of those who fall will suffer moderate to severe injuries such as sprains, hip fractures, or head traumas that permanently reduce their mobility and independence.
- Seniors are more likely to be admitted to hospital from an injury as a result of a fall than any other age group.
- Direct health care costs relating to falls among seniors in Canada are estimated at $1 billion every year.